Email This Post
Annual Halloween Fun at the Community Centre – 7:00pm – 8:30pm, Sat Oct 31st
Costume Contest – judging starts at 7:45pm sharp
Babies – Kindergarten
Grades 1 and 2
Grades 3 and 4
Grades 5 and 6
Grades 7 and up
There will also be a Halloween colouring contest. (Same categories as the costume contest judging)
Family pumpkin carving contest (good prize) – please bring your own Jack-O-Lantern.
There will be a large smarties jar – (Winner gets prize, Halloween Jar, and Candy) closest guess wins!
And of course, there will be hot dogs and hot chocolate for everyone!Email This Post
~~ Don’t forget – General Voting Day is tomorrow, Monday Oct 19th. You may vote from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Gold River Community Centre. ~~
Suzanne Trevis gave some very good information in a comment on this post, so I wanted to share to everyone was aware:
“Another important thing people should know – you can not vote in a riding other than your own unless you arrange to do so BEFORE the advance poll gets underway (October 9). In the past, if you have been away from home and voting, you have been able to fill out a form saying you are voting outside of your home riding. This election you CAN NOT do that. If you are away from home after October 9 you will be out of luck. Make sure you are in the right area to vote and find your local polling station ahead of time. Make sure your friends and neighbours have a ride to the polls as well. And remember your ID!
Via Jerry West & The Record
Advance Voting Days: October 9, 10, 11 and 12
The advance poll will be open from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. at the following address:
Chamber of Commerce
375 Nimpkish Dr. Drive, Suite 21
Poll No. 603
Election Day: Monday, October 19
You may vote from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at:
Gold River Community Centre
350 Muchalat Drive
Poll No. 029
You may vote by mail or in person at your local Elections Canada office if you apply to do so no later than 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 13. Fill out the form now or contact your returning officer.
Elections Canada Office
Comox Elementary School
2085 Wallace Avenue
Comox, British Columbia V9M 1W4
For more information, please visit the Elections Canada website.Email This Post
What a fantastic weekend it was! It was so great to see so many former residents come back to help us celebrate our Birthday Weekend. We hope everyone enjoyed all the activities and reunions. It takes a lot of hard work to put on such an incredible event like this.
Saying that I would like to say Thank You to:
- The Village of Gold River Staff and Employees for all the extra work you all did over the past few weeks, especially the last couple of days getting everything ready for the weekend. It was noticed and appreciated by all who
arrived. Many comments were that folks couldn’t believe how lovely and well looked after Gold River is.
- Lisa Mellis Jones! You did an incredible job organizing the Party in the Plaza, Parade, Party in the Park/ Community Centre, and everything else that came up over the weekend, that you jumped into to do. You are a true volunteer in every way and our community is so lucky to have you on board and willing to expend so much energy for the benefit of all. Thank you Lisa!
- Sharon Charette – the wood carving event was a huge success. Everyone really enjoyed watching the progress each day. We can’t wait until next year to see how this event can be expanded. The carvings are incredible and will
forever be a symbol of our village coming together welcoming past and current residents, and looking to a bright future for Gold River. Western Forest Products and Doug Meske, thanks for sponsoring the Wood Carving event
and providing that wonderful wood for the carvers. Also, Roger Lauzon for getting a few more pieces of wood for support of the Banner. The carvers could not believe the quality of the wood provided for them.
- Karen Bowker and the Dog Show, over 30 entries and 200 people attended the Dog Show! It was great fun for all and your efforts are much appreciated. Great Job Karen.
- Thanks to The Gold River Literacy Society. Melanie Larre, you had such a great turnout for the outdoor movie on Thursday night. Enjoyed by so many they are considering holding another one really soon.
- Wayne Trueman – only Wayne could organize the Greasy Pole event. Wayne you resurrected an old event that everyone loves to watch, except maybe the Mom’s that had to do the laundry. Thanks for contributing your time and expertise to make it happen.
- Counselor Kirsty Begon, you did a great job on the Birthday Cakes, and everything else you jumped up and helped with along the way. Thanks so much.
- Thanks to Suzanne Trevis and the Gold River Museum Society, for getting the ball rolling and getting the dance organized. I think everyone enjoyed the band and had a good time reconnecting with old friends and family.
- Many thanks to Brenda Johnson an Family for hosting the Salmon BBQ at the Party in the Plaza Friday night, I saw lots of people enjoying the lovely salmon dinner you provided.
- Thank you to the Chamber of Commerce for hosting the Art Display and Blossoming Boot Competition at the Vault. I know you had many visitors enjoying our local artists work.
- Michelle Frame, YOU ROCK! You took on a huge job and it was excellent to see a Ball Tournament happening in Gold River again, I sure hope we can make this an annual event.
- P.A.C. and again Melony Larre, thanks for organizing the BBQ’s for the burgers and hot dogs at the Community Centre, and to Loblaws, Weston’s, Dairyland, Old Dutch, Enterprise Paper for their kind donations that helped PAC do some serious fundraising to start off their year.
- Thanks to the Gold River Skating Club for having the drinks nice and cold for everyone to enjoy and to Coke and Pepsi for their generous donations.
- To Greig Seafood, thank you for your generous donation of the Salmon for the BBQ on Saturday, and Tara for doing the organizing and cooking.
- Thanks to Denise Watt for getting all the cooks and judges for the Chili Contest. It sounds like it was a roaring success.
- Thank you as well to The Gold River Golf Club for taking on the task of running the Bar at the dance. It was a big job and you pulled it together with all of your volunteers, well done!
- Moe Pelletier, there is nothing like a Moe Burger. Anytime! Thanks for providing Gold River with some great tastes on Saturday night.
- Thank you to Karen Bogie and her volunteer servers feeding everyone pancake breakfast on Sunday morning.
- Thank you also to the Chamber of Commerce and the Uchuck for hosting the event at the Vault on Sunday evening.
To all the organizations who held their own Reunions throughout the weekend we hope everyone had a great time.
And to all you other volunteers that did so much, Thank You just doesn’t cover it but you are what a small town is all about.
Happy 50th Gold River
Mayor of the Best Village anywhere.